Monday, January 2, 2012

Life as a Teacher

Real life begins NOW! I am officially beginning school tomorrow (well, no kids, but it's a professional development day). I can't believe that I am one step closer to becoming a real teacher!! I am using this blog as an outreach to parents and other fellow teachers! I will try to update as often as possible with what we are doing in 3rd grade at Sunset Ridge in the Blue Valley school district!! I already know I will be teaching a unit on measurement and the Midwest region, along with a creative writing project on the book Harris Burdick by Chris Van Allsburg. Awesome things are going to be happening and I can't wait for the kids to arrive!!

I will do my best to provide you with resources including lesson ideas, art projects, classroom crafts, pictures of student work, and maybe even a few teacher outfits here and there ;) I hope this blog will be useful for all you current teachers, those studying to become teachers, and any parents!!

For now, I have the link to the letter of introduction to my parents that I created! I have a cute border with crayons, but the darn thing won't upload, so I will just give a link to the text itself :( I promise to get better at using technology, but for now, this will have to do! To read my parent letter, use the link below!

Parent Introductory Letter


Happy Teaching!


Ms. Boyers

No comments:

Post a Comment